In case you missed this from my previous blogs... I am a professional nanny here in Hawaii.
"Professional" because I am in fact over the age of 13 and have a college degree.
Okay, I'm not really professional, per se. But that's what I tell myself:)
Anywho, I currently work for a family with three children: a six-year-old girl, and twin seven-year-old boys. Sound like a lot of kids close in age?? Why yes, yes it is. I sorta feel like I have little ducks following me around sometimes.
Ducks with lots of questions and comments and energy, that is.
Though the job has brought a good deal of challenge with it, I have learned a lot and am really beginning to develop a love for the little people (again, kids, not munchkins).
Last week was their first week of summer break. As it turned out, their camps and summer school sessions hadn't started yet, so we all got to hang out for the ENTIRE week.
Not a complaint, as I'm thankful for the hours... but consecutive days of long hours with kids was pretty exhausting.
The kids coined the term 'Camp Katie' to describe the days they stay home with me. They likely call it this because I schedule out activities to fill the entire day... so that I don't go crazy:)
Here are just a few fun pictures of our week filled with a museum, an aquarium, the zoo, hiking, and of course Chuck-E-Cheese (NOT my choice... it was a rainy day!!!).
| Ha... I told her to hold his hand. |
| Learning to tree climb... a crucial skill at this age. |
![]() |
| The entries that followed are hilarious:) |
| New favorite craft... VERY time-consuming. |
| We let the boys hike ahead a bit. Quality girl time:) |
| Chuck-E-Cheese is a rip off. Fact. |
![]() |
| Never fails to creep me out. |
| Shave Ice, of course. |
Anyway, that's "Camp Katie". Always an adventure:)


I wanna go to camp Katie...
ReplyDelete