Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wedding planning = A New Awareness of My Inner PK....

PK = Pastor's kid. Duh.

I've noticed over the past two weeks, that this challenge of planning a wedding is a revelation of my inner rebellious spirit (okay, maybe only kind of "inner"...).

Whenever I'm told/informed of the "right" way to do things during this process, it pretty much immediately makes me want to do the opposite, or something totally different.

I don't mind following basic tips for the big day... those I find helpful. In fact, I'd say I have a new appreciation for those tidbits of information passed on by friends that save me hours and hours of research.

But I'm finding that when approached with issues that are more formulated to fit others' expectations, ("others" being the whatever the norm is for said issue, not actually people in my life:), I really really REALLY don't want to follow.

It truly is amazing how our culture forms these "norms" for things like this that really aren't rooted in much but tradition.

Don't worry, not planning a hippie wedding out here on the island, (though I wouldn't be the first if I were). Just confessing my irritation with the "should do/have to/need to/etc.'s" of this wedding planning journey.

Luckily I'm just stubborn enough to fight for some originality without (hopefully) horribly offending anyone along the way:)

And that is all she wrote...

No comments:

Post a Comment