Richard says "it's been a month" since I've posted. Sheesh... fine. Post I shall.
Engagement time is happening.
It's everything everyone says it is, and tells you it is. It's a lot to do, a lot of emotions, a lot of changes, a lot to plan, a lot to think about, and yada yada YADA freakin dooo.
I love planning my wedding most days. But I like doing it my way (shocker, I know).
I don't need things to be perfect, I don't need it all to look or seem some way, and I don't need to spend my engagement worried about it all... that's for sure.
Get it done.
Have some fun.
That's about it.
My problem is that decisions still need to be made. My cake won't magically appear if I don't order it, (how cool would that be though???).
So despite the fact that I think many of these miniscule details are more time consuming than they should be, ignoring them doesn't get me anywhere.
So plan I shall, as I have and will continue to do.
But if you really want to know what I think.... what I truly want is to have a pretty dress, my friends around, and Richard standing at the end of the isle. That's about it.
Let's just say in the midst of all the "details", I'm continuously reminded of what I really care about, and what I believe is really important... and it isn't catering, flowers, or decorations.
It's people.
It's the people I have grown to love here in Hawaii.
It's all those I've gone through a million different phases of life with.
It's my friends who make me feel confident, valued, and dearly loved.
It's my soon to be additional family members who have cared so well for me in the last two years.
It's Richard.
That's what matters to me.
The rest are details. Some fun, some not so fun... but only details.
And I can't express enough... the details don't come close to the gift of seeing people who live far away, celebrating with all those who have supported me and Richard, and becoming Mrs. Thompson.
Not. Even. Close.
Yay! Update! Getting things done! Wooo hooooo!
ReplyDelete