Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Roommate

Discounting our honeymoon and the several days of chaos whilst trying to fit all of our stuff PLUS wedding gifts into my itty bitty apartment... Richard and I have been living our "regular" married lives for a little less than a week.

I'm pretty much an expert on marriage already...

Ha. Ha. Ha.

So far from it. Not that I should be of course...

It's been a fun week, to say the least, but certainly a week of adjusting and figuring out how to live together, etc.

News Flash: in my twenty-six years of life I have never, never, NEVER shared a room... with anyone.

How is this possible??? And how in the world did I not notice this fact until now??!!

No clue.

Growing up we did have two rooms for the "kids". I'm the only girl, so that was a free pass to my own room birth through high school.

In college I found a roommate quickly who also liked her own space, and we were blessed enough to have our own rooms all four years of college, (though the last two years she did in fact live in a closet made into a room... no joke).

Then I moved back home, to the good ol' kirkwood room... and lastly to Hawaii where Richard was sweet enough to help me pay for rent so I didn't have to move in with a total stranger. I'd consider this God's grace given the difficulty I seemed to have had transitioning:)

All that to say: my new roommate is very NEW.

And now I'm learning things such as...

- I talk in my sleep like a crazy person. I knew I talked, I did not know just how ridiculous I sound though. And my new husband finds this entertaining and tries to get me to keep talking while totally out-of-it. He's a punk.

- Richard can't get by on just cliff bars, peanut butter, hummus and yogurt like some of us.

- It is FAR too hot to sleep next to a large asian man on a tropical island without using an air conditioning unit.

- Dishes and laundry never go away.

and...

- Our circadian rhythms, moods, and schedules will not perfectly align every day. Damn.

........

Oh the fun of starting our new lives together ha! Lots and lots and lots of laughing.

I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I couldn't find a better new husband if I tried. Such a patient and fun man that Richard Thompson is. Suuuuure do love him:)

2 comments:

  1. I love this -- you make me laugh. Love being able to read about your life all the time. Peter has never had a room to himself, I feel like you two should have some therapy sessions =) love you Mrs. Thompson

    ReplyDelete