November blog entry, check.
In honor of a few friends who have pestered me about blogging... I shall blog.
I've tried to think of a fun subject or cool entry and am not coming up with anything incredible (obviously from the title I used)... so I'll just offer a sincere word or two about life at the moment.
I've been here a little over three months. I'm not sure what the average rate of transition is, but I'm confident that I am falling short of that statistic. In many ways my experience here has developed and improved. I have been blessed with a job nannying and cleaning, and I truly do love it. Stable income, simple tasks, consistent environment--truly a blessing. I don't even kind of miss the days of being out of work. The lack of structure was really tough of my spirit, though probably good for me in the long run.
Let the record show that God provided a job RIGHT when I truly needed it. Not sure why this surprised me, but it literally was the week I got to a place of actual need for work. Let the record also show that as with many of His provisions, I can't claim it as my own doing... the family literally found me. Not exactly a pride-builder, but an excellent reminder that God is the one who provides, on His strength and in His timing.
So yeah. Job, check.
As for the rest of life... I'm learning, and many days it's not very pleasant. I'm living on my own (and away from friends and family) for the first time ever, seem to be in a perpetual transition phase, and am trying hard to build my own life here... but struggling.
I have made a few friends here, but for the most part is seems like a constant challenge because no one is really in the same place as me. It can be difficult to relate when everyone else seems to be in a defined stage of life. Newly weds, expecting parents, college students, excited career-driven individuals... I'm always the odd women out.
For the above reasons and more, I find myself pushed to face insecurities and fears I didn't even know I had. Want to learn who you really are? Move away from everything you know and attempt to build a life on nothing truly solid but the Lord. I realize I'm not the first person to ever attempt such a venture, but whoever did should have written a how-to book on it.
As for other random updates:
- My package from my mother has STILL not arrived. Not cool.
- I lost my camera... if you don't realize how big of a tragedy this is then you don't know me very well.
- I Can't wait to go home for Christmas:)
- I am continuously overwhelmed by how beautiful this place is.
- My car got randomly keyed the other day while I was running... What the heck?!
- I'm attempting to start a small group with some girls.. we shall see if that works.
- Getting ready for the first Thanksgiving away from home next week--ugh.
- Bought Walmart dishes that match my rug PERFECTLY.
... That's about it. I would say life here is good, but challenging. I appreciate all the prayers from people (thanks grandma!), and am thankful for all that I'm learning despite some unpleasant moments:)
FINALLY!!!! Thanks for the update!!! :)
ReplyDelete