Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting For My Downfall...

Apparently when the temperature drops a few degrees in Hawaii EVERYONE comes down with some type of flu/cold/virus/whatever. Yes, I have heard of the flu season, but I've never seen it happen so fast to everyone around me.

All of Richard's family has been sick this week. One of my only two female friends is also not feeling well. The kids I babysit are all three sick this week (as well as their grandparents)... and somehow I still don't show any true signs of catching something.

Today I feel a little achy and my head and stomach feel somewhat off... but I'm fairly positive that it's just in my head.

The last five days I have woken up and thought "wow, I'm seriously still not sick?". Don't get me wrong, I really really don't care to catch anything right now and would be thrilled if it passed right by me, but it seems incredibly strange considering the odds. Which no, I don't really know what the odds are, but I'm positive they are against me.

This reminds me of last year when every staff member in our office came down with this awful flu/cold except for me. I was literally one of five who didn't catch it in a week time span... But then like three weeks later I seemed to experience the same thing.

My theory: I have a delayed immune system. Instead of just giving me something and having me go through it first, I have to watch everyone else feel like crap while I anticipate my downfall. Not cool.

Of course it's not really a big deal if I get sick, but I refuse to think I'm in the clear because as soon as I do... bam... it'll hit. It's like my body is messing with my mind. Maybe if I call it's bluff it'll miss me this year.

One can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. I've actually never seen everyone go down all at once like this either...
    Take your vitamin c!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete