Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No Need for a Giant Teddy Bear When You Have Truffles

I've always been one of those people who kinda made fun of the Valentine's Day advocates. I mean, I always liked the day and all, but the majority of my joy had to do with making fun of the ridiculousness that accompanies the holiday.

I mean, really... who needs a giant stuffed heart pillow or a greeting card written by some Halmark employee??! No one.

Truthfully I did stand in Walmart last week considering whether I could keep a straight face and give Richard a giant (and I'm talking might not fit in the backseat kind of "giant"), teddy bear holding an "I love you!" stuffed pillow.

SOOOO tempting, but I passed.

Anyway, I find it all a little humorous, but I also happen to be in love with a handsome part asian man this year too.... so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for to celebrate.

About two weeks ago I came up with the brilliant idea of making each other homemade valentine gifts. Takes the pressure off of the holiday and makes it sort of fun. I thought that it might be a challenge for Richard, but certainly not for me right?

Not right.

What the heck do you make a guy for Valentine's Day?? Baked goods right? Yeah, probably most guys. Richard, however, doesn't really have a sweet tooth, so it just wouldn't be that exciting. How about a homemade meal?? Hmmm... my lack of cooking abilities might result in something less than a "gift".

... Crap. I had no good ideas. So I decorated a box and put things in it that reminded me of him. Which FYI, isn't really homemade, nor exciting. Yes I cheated.

But my box was cute.
How does one find V Day comics?? Wait till the day of to make the gift, that's how.  

I felt this greeting card most accurately describes our relationship. 

Awwwww!!! My valentine is so cute! (you can gag at my comment if you want... it's still true.) 
"Hey Richard, make a Valentine's Day face."... hmmm... little creepy. 

My Favorite restaurant; located across the street from where I live!

I LOVE curry and naan. So good. 

Richard's homemade gift... TRUFFLES!! Yum. Yes, I'm spoiled. They are delicious, and I'm pretty sure I better freeze them soon to avoid gaining an extra ten pounds this month. 

Me excited about the truffles:) 
So I had a great holiday... but the most exciting part was finding out I have a new soon-to-be sister-in-law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could have been in St. Louis to celebrate my older brother's big news, but rest-assured I was thrilled all day long anyway!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day as well:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment