Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Obama/Osama Confusion

So Richard and I were sitting at the beach on Sunday afternoon watching the sunset, eating some dinner, and taking some family pictures of our friends with their new baby boy... when all-of-a-sudden a woman comes by with an excited expression and says "Did you guys hear?!! Obama is dead!!"....

The four of us were completely shocked... hearing that the U.S. president has been killed and all. We proceeded to ask the woman what happened, and she says she wasn't sure, she just knows someone killed him and it's all over the news.

In addition to the shock we experienced upon hearing the news, the conversation was very odd because the woman seemed to be positively thrilled about it... I mean truly filled with excitement and joy.

I myself am not a huge Obama fanatic, but I would be devastated if any of our presidents were assassinated; certainly not celebrating.

Richard quickly checked the internet on his phone and discovered that it was in fact "Osama" and not "Obama". Darn those tricky O names! ha...

Example A of how quickly misunderstandings can occur within the American public:)

... Sadly I did not make up this story.

We did clear up the confusion with our fellow beach dweller, and had a good laugh:)

No comments:

Post a Comment