Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ugh...

The title pretty much sums up my thoughts about this week.

Saturday I turned my ankle playing tennis. Which is fascinating considering that I played sports and have run for YEARS and never had this happen.

I know what you are thinking... I must be the worst injured person of all time--given my hatred of all things related to being still and inactivity.

You would be wrong. I have loved it.

Okay... not really.

Yes, I am the worst injured person of all time.

Not to mention, I came down with a stupid cold/flu virus on Monday. Which I should have seen coming given that the kids I nanny and their parents all had it the week before. Somehow I didn't though.

Okay if you are male stop reading...

To top it all off, I also started my period this week. Twisted ankle + cold/flu virus + period starting... = kill me now (as well as a LOT of ibuprofen and water) . Talk about a long ass week.

I called my mom for sympathy and she replied "aww sweetie, just think of it as God cramming misery into one week instead of spreading it out to several weeks." (Yes, she thinks she is funny...).

In conclusion: I promise to never complain about anything again on a day when I feel healthy and can be physically active. Never.

:)

It's Richard's birthday weekend so I'm praying to be better by tomorrow!!! He has been so sweet in taking care of me all week long.... so REALLY hoping I didn't get him sick too : /

1 comment: