I'm sorry, but there is no better way to say it.
Before you assume I'm being shallow hear me out....
I'm not even slightly obsessed with phones. I've had several ghetto phone since I was 16.
Saying that, I might be *am* biased, but I'm pretty sure the iPhone 4S (or whatever the heck its' title is:) kicks some serious ass.
My phone died last week. It was a looooooooong time coming. The weeks prior were spent trying to get it to charge and praying that it wouldn't die right away. I would leave it plugged in all day... and then it'd die right away. I couldn't receive all texts, etc. etc. etc. (Tragic tale.... I know).
Water damage (more than once) + 2 years + way too much texting = dead phone.
So Richard and I discussed phones and plans and shopped around this past Saturday.
Once we learned my sweet younger brother had stolen my update last June for his own phone, we realized I was already in another two year contract with my family plan.
Soooo... since that meant a cheaper phone bill (25-year-olds do stay on their parents plans sometimes!!!... :), we decided to go for a nice phone.
Richard, in an attempt to tell me that there were several good options, described the iPhone as "like having a Mac instead of a PC".
Unfortunately my boyfriend doesn't fully understand my love for Macs and my strong opinion that they are the better computer... hands. down. So in that comment I pretty much decided this was the way I'd like to go if possible.
7 hours, 2 Apple stores, 3 Sprint store visits, and several conversations later.... we found the phone we were searching for and got it set up. :)
I realize it's only an item. I realize our culture is too consumed with technology. I realize these things are too expensive without an upgrade available.
..... However, it is the coolest phone ever. I feel like credit should be given where it is due!
There really are some incredibly smart people out there... most of whom I think might be working for Apple.
This phone responds with voice activation to a variety of commands... in a variety of languages.
Its' apps could keep any person thoroughly entertained for far too long.
The picture-taking capability is unreal.
It allows me to chat live, send videos/pictures/texts in an instant, and SO. MUCH. MORE.
And well, let's just say I almost feel guilty for how thankful I am to have one to use! So much fun:)
Thanks Richard for such a thoughtful early Christmas gift... you are the best!
....ANGRY BIRDS!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou should switch your blog to tumblr
ReplyDeleteSo you can blog straight from that sweet iPhone!