Thursday, March 15, 2012

Got engaged. Check.

Hello all (or Sarah and Courtney who read this:),

I wouldn't even know where to start to give an accurate update since the last one.

Got engaged. Check.

Totally exhausted already. Check.

Trying to get realistic expectations for this wedding and all thats involved. UNCHECK.

What?!!!! You mean I can't have the perfect pre wedding week where everyone I love that is coming to celebrate with us has the perfect time and I'm there sipping a pina colada and completely relaxed the whole time????

Damn.

There is no real room for complaining... which I am fully aware of.

After all I get to marry the greatest man I know on a beautiful island.

So yeah, smack me if I (when I) lose sight of this. (NOT really Sarah!! Geez...).

Which I'm finding is easy to do if I don't watch it, (lose sight that is).

It's easy to be overwhelmed by details, other people's expectations, and  my own perfectionistic ways.

And I suppose that is part of the fun/challenge. All of the excitement, all the fun things to plan, etc. etc. etc. They build up, and build up quickly.

But goodness gracious I hope that I can continue to "get a grip" on a daily basis. Because frankly, I would hate to miss out on the joy of this time because I'm too focused on the wrong thing.

Story. Of. My. Life.

In my heart of heart's, I just feel overwhelmed by God's blessing and goodness. I can't really explain enough with words how spoiled I feel by my heavenly Father.

Obviously life will bring a million different seasons, but I just feel so blessed and loved by God during this time.

Blessed with His love and provision for me. Blessed with the ways He continues to hold and fill me. Blessed with His presence. Blessed with his grace as I so often fail. And blessed to be His.

So that's what's up.

If I'm honest, I sort of laugh at how much I wanted all this to happen when I first moved to Hawaii, and how SO VERY thankful I am that it didn't. Holy moley, there is NO way I could have handled that transition and all of this at the same time. No way.

Once again... glad God doesn't give me what I want when I want it all the time. His ways are so much sweeter.

All praise to Him.

4 comments:

  1. I can't stop smiling!! I'm trying to conjure ways I can come out and visit before the big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo!! So glad your Mom is there!
    Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete