.....
Saturday morning I wake up, WIDE awake, at 7 freaking 30 am.
You have GOT to be kidding me, right?!
Despite my frustration with my lack of ability to utilize the morning for sleep, I decide that I won't let it weigh me down. Can't steal my Saturday joy... no shot.
Out of bed and trying to choose what to do. Too early for the beach. Too poor for the mall. Too tired to enjoy a good book. Too ADD to sit still long enough to fall back asleep.
How about a trip to the Farmer's Market? Genius.
I always think about how I want to go again, but come Saturday morning it just doesn't compete with sleep. Except for today... being already awake and all.
So I jump in my car and drive over to the local Saturday market. Best decision ever. Not because I find any amazing deals or have some incredible conversations, but because it's a whole mass of people that don't know me, and lots of fresh food and flowers. I can wander around aimlessly, enjoying the views... and that's all that is expected of me and my time.
Which is good because it's early anyway, and I'm completely useless prior to 9 am.
The next hour of my day is sheer joy. Taking pictures of the little things I find beautiful--simply because they aren't even meant to be seen as anything spectacular.
But I find it spectacular. Bright colors. People's smiles. Fresh food. Love it, love it all. Not to mention observing the "Hawaiian" things that I've come to understand a bit more in the last six months.
So went my trip to the Farmer's Market....
![]() |
| Love the smile. |
| Welcome to the Katie Ricks definition of "heaven on earth". |
| Reminded me of my dad and myself:) So sweet! |
| I can get a good deal on these hair clips. I know a guy... |
| Just when you think the Chinese New Year celebration has ended... (Welcome to Hawaii). |





Great pictures! Hawaii farmer's markets are the best.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Hawaii = go with the flow.
It ain't da mainland ;)