Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure that my mom is cooler than I am...

So I'm a slacker blogger, I know. I actually have several entries I have been meaning to write, but the next one in line was about my mom's visit two weeks ago...  And well I'm still semi-pouting that she had to leave, so I've avoided writing it.

Anyway...

She came to Hawaii to stay with me for a week; a friday to a friday. Which was not even CLOSE to enough time to tell her all my thoughts about every topic under the sun, show her the entire island, introduce her to everyone in my life here, go out to all the fun places to eat, have down time to just relax and do nothing, and.... shop (of course). However we did fit a little bit of all of that in throughout the week. 

That Saturday and Sunday Richard chauffeured  us around the island; stopping along the way to see the sites, eat some fresh shrimp, go to the botanical gardens, hit up a farmer's market, see the Doll pineapple factory, and watch a few people almost drowned at the beach (calm down, calm down... we didn't go there TO watch the action... just so happened to occur then... ha:). Thank goodness my mom likes to be active, because we fit a lot in! 

This is her right off the plane... looking too cute to have just flown for 12 hours. Richard picked out such a pretty lei for her!!!  

Richard tried to play hide-and-seek at the Doll factory. 
Random jewelry shop on the side of the road?? Of course... Have you met her?
I'm still convinced they make most of that crap up on the "information boards".
My only complaint for the week would be that it was SO windy!! (See hair for evidence). 
Mom with a turtle. 
We had a wonderful week and I feel so blessed to have had a few days where I didn't have to share her with anyone else. (Yes, I realize that is selfish... I don't care). 

Thanks mom for making the trip and being the great woman you are; thanks Richard for helping show her around and for being the handy man for adding decorations to may new place; thanks dad for flying mom out here; and thank you Lord for blessing me with the time and mother for such a wonderful week:)

Oh yeah... and in light of our week together and continuing to see my mom as more of a friend, and not just a mom (they say that happens with age... guess I'm getting old!), I have decided that she is most definitely cooler than I am. A decision based on being reminded of her superior fashion sense, love for fun, and laid back personality. I have come to terms. Oh well... 

:)

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is super duper cool. So glad she could come visit!

    ReplyDelete