Sunday, October 2, 2011

My friend Sarah Brown

Yep, I named this blog after my friend.

.... Who is probably the only one who reads in anyway, so it's okay:)

I have this friend. She is the best. Her name is Sarah Brown.

When I moved to Hawaii she came along with me to make sure I didn't freak out as soon as I got off the plane. (Or I should say to make sure I didn't freak out more than I did:).

She has shown me what it means to be a dedicated friend. I'm sure I test her patience at times, but she is always there and teaches me so much about the Lord and about life. I respect her more than I could put in words and my thankfulness for her is pretty much impossible to explain.

Have you ever had a friend that you felt just understood you? Understood you enough to let you be you, even in the worst moments or  most embarrassing moments? This would be Sarah in my life.

I'll admit, not everyone has the capacity to do that with me. I can fall apart at times (more often than I wish!) and really be a spaz at others. But Sarah's friendship and dedication to being apart of my life have been priceless--especially these past two years.

She. Is. A. Gift.

Not just to me, but to others as well.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/oct/02/hot-dog-ministryyoung-christian-volunteers/

Check out the above link to see the ministry her and her now husband run each week. I couldn't be more proud of them and their love for the Lord that serves to bless those in need in Charleston, SC.

What an excellent example of serving and loving others.

Thank you Sarah and Leland for the time, money, and energy you put towards the hotdog ministry each week. I'm blessed to simply hear about it and I'm so thankful to have friends who love the Lord so much:)

... (this article just might help me to remember not to call you during Tuesday evening Charleston time.. doubtful, but just maybe;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, friend ( : We have been overwhelmed with the response of people wanting to help! crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look, I can post comments again. :)

    ReplyDelete