Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not a pleasant entry.

Warning: this is a less than pleasant blog entry.

Tonight I over heard physical abuse happening in the apartment across from mine. I'm not talking an argument and a few loud sounds, I'm talking about a pounding sound SO loud and repetitive that I wondered if a gun was being shot, yelling VERY loudly, and dogs howling just from the noise.

I don't know what was happening in the apartment.

All I heard was a person screaming 'I didn't do anything wrong' over and over again.

All I saw was a child, no older than 10 years old, freaking out on the porch; clearly GREATLY disturbed by whatever was going on. A boy holding his head in his hands, screaming and shaking, and later yelled at by whoever was inside.

The police showed up before I could get the address to call them myself, praise God.

I get that this isn't a happy blog entry, but sadly its real life.

Reality is that physical abuse happens all over the country, all the time. I've heard stories from people I love about their own heartbreaking experiences.

And I just have to say... I think, with ALL my heart, that it's awful. I know grace must be shown to everyone, but if I'm honest, I greatly struggle to have anything resembling grace for abusers.

I just hate that it happens, to anyone, anywhere. I really hate it. I hate that it's happened to people I know, and in all sincerity... I just don't understand. I don't understand how people can hurt others so much. And it makes me angry.

That's my rant for the night.

Frankly, it's amazing that God can forgive anyone on this earth. We are such broken people... And I'm so thankful that He is far more gracious than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment