Thursday, January 26, 2012

Working with kids...

Working with kids = a daily realization that I lack patience, grace, and strength.

A few hours a day with three children is enough to exhaust me in ways I didn't even realize were possible.

They are loud, messy, attention-needing, insecure, often confused, frequently helpless, and truly in need of growth.

And the more they break me, the more time that passes, and the greater I get to know them... I care THAT much more.

I care that much more that they do well.

I care that much more that they feel loved.

I care that much more for their safety and health.

And I care that much much more, (and therefore see more often) when I fail to love them well.

....

My God is amazing.

His ability and decision to love his broken children flawlessly, no matter what... it's a true testament to His perfection and character.

Funny how often we think it's about us and our actions, when it's clearly all about Him.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment