| Why yes.. it does so happen to match my apartment and that does bring me way too much joy. |
Step 2: Learn to use it.
No check.
If anyone has any great tips for how to get from step 1 to step 2, I'm all ears...
I can think of the obvious mechanisms that may help... purchase a book like "Idiot's Guide to Using A Sewing Machine", look up instructional videos online, get a pattern and just go for it... yeah yeah... but I'm asking where is the best place to start; best place to avoid getting extremely frustrated and throwing the new machine across the room, (oh hush, I live by myself... it's not like anyone would get hurt).
For those who don't know me, I'm a kinesthetic learner and a verbal processor. Aka I have to literally do something myself, (several times), while talking about it before I really learn anything.
Sound like a pain in the ass way to learn things? Yep, it is.
How can you talk about something you don't know how to do yet?? You can't. Unless you are me... and then you just talk about it until you figure it out; process of elimination at it's greatest, (or worst:).
So yeah... need to get from step 1 to step 2 and would love advice from anyone that actually knows how to use a sewing machine.
Can you make me a sweet outfit?
ReplyDeleteYou need to take a class--it's the ONLY way. It will save you from so much frustration, you won't believe it. Not sure where you would do that, but I would try a sewing/fabric store first? They will teach you all the basics!!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't the female creature supposed to instinctively know how to use one? Ugh... once we gave in to women's rights, they just got plain lazy.
ReplyDeleteOn that note: Please cultivate for me a onsie with a bottom flap.