Friday, July 22, 2011

Packing is a sport...

I have been blessed to have the honor of being asked to participate in two more weddings this summer.

Both are such a treat to be able to even attend, given where I live and all, because each of the brides are very dear friends to me.

In case you start to think I'm one of those really cool chicks who is asked to be in like four weddings every year, think again, (not about the cool part, I am cool:). As was earlier discussed, I tend to stick close to a few good friends and that's just kinda enough for me.

Well, I should explain though, a few are enough because the people in my life are incredible. I swear, I know the greatest girls in the world.

Back to the point though...

Of the few girls whom I'm close enough to to really really REALLY not want to miss their weddings, these two happened to get engaged around the same time.

And it's possible that bride # two strongly considered this weekend so I wouldn't have to fly back-and-forth... which is a gift, because I couldn't have flown back-and-forth.

Point being (YES, there is a point, relax!!!!), I'm currently preparing for a two week trip, to attend and be a part of two weddings.

Which is incredible and I couldn't be more excited if I tried...

However, packing for this... is a bitch.

I am taking one checked bag that weighs less than 50 lbs. Shorts, jeans, hair stuff, jewelry, shirts, yada yada yada... in addition to an ass load of sundresses. One might think, two weddings = two dresses... but when you actually start doing the math of the luncheons, parties, rehearsal dinners, and weddings themselves... they add up fast.

Yes, I can certainly wear the same thing twice (and probably will). But given my ability to spill things on myself, the lack of laundromat access I will probably have, and being in humidity for the first time in a year (aka probably going to just walked around drenched... gross, I know), well it's hard to depend on wearing something more than once. And of course I'll need shoes to go along with these things. Awesome.

This is like a big math equation. (Not as big as the time change/layover/flight time math equation... I mean talk about a real bitch...).

Ummm.. okay, that's all I really have to say about that.

It's not a big deal. Frankly I'd wear the same outfit everyday just to get to be there for it all!!!! But it will be interesting to see how if the suitcase meets weight limit requirements ; )

So I like to think that this type of packing is a sport... (b/c that's a nicer title than "packing is a bitch":).

No comments:

Post a Comment