Every once in awhile, when I can get a break from my over-thinking self and just stop for a minute and look around... I realize just how much I love this place in all its' beauty.
If I'm not focused on myself or a task or some issue I'm determined to solve, and I just take a glance at this place that's (slowly) becoming my home, I'm quickly humbled by how incredible the scenery around me is.
When I first arrived in Hawaii my friend Sarah asked me what I was most thankful for when it came to my new residence, (apart from Richard that is:). My response is the same today as it was 11 months ago... I'm so thankful to live in a place that will not allow me to miss God's glory.
Sounds silly, right? It's just a wave or a mountain or a sunset, after all.
But for me, a girl who is so easily distracted and often won't stop moving, a girl who grew up around ministry and all that entails--it is a blessing to live in a place that is SO beautiful that I simply cannot go that long without stopping in awe of what is around me.
This is nothing short of a great gift. No matter how absorbed I am in my own agenda (and let me tell you, it's often WAY too much), Hawaii puts me back in my place.
This place is my very sweet reminder that I serve an incredible God. A God that is so attentive to detail and vast in nature. A God that cares about little things just as much as big things. A God that is creative in more ways than I can imagine. A God who knows all, sees all, and has a plan for all.
A God that I know. A God that loves me.
When I look around the beautiful place where I live, all the little things that get to me too often fall away from my mind, and I stop, just for a moment, and realize that I am "home" because I am loved and cared for by the same God that formed everything around me.
This is not a God who is lost on the details. This is not a God who forgets. This is not a God who is inattentive.
This is MY God. A God who should be trusted, respected, loved, adored, and glorified.
When I look around I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I'm loved by this God, and everything else falls back where it should be.... just small details of life.
Details that hold some weight, but not nearly as much weight as I give them.
Just "details", because when you are loved by a God like this, nothing else really matters.
:)







We do live in a beautiful place :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics :)
ReplyDelete